Decorating an event tent rental provides you with a little more freedom than you get when decorating a more permanent space – such as a home, a banquet hall, or other venue. In fact, an event tent rental provides a wide-open space and blank canvas to turn your vision of the event into a reality!
There are a few tips, however, that will ensure you sweep your guests off their feet – and not send them running from your party! Check it out:
Decorations depend on the party or event
When it comes to decorations, it is going to vary greatly on what type of event you are having. You are not going to decorate for an 8-year old princess party the same way you would for a college graduation, a holiday party, or a corporate fundraising event. They are all different and serve a different purpose – and a different guest list. Make sure the decorations match the party.
What vibe are you going for?
Now that you have settled on what kind of party or event you are having, you must decide what vision you have for it. Consider these potential themes:
- Humble, relaxed
Think about what it is you are looking to achieve with your event and then proceed with figuring out your decorations. This will ensure that the ambience given off by your selected surroundings will lead your guests on the path you were hoping for. In other words, if elegance is what you are looking for – neon colors with strobe lights will not get you there, but rather soft lighting and tasteful décor.
Add a splash of color with fabric
Color brings a party to life. That is why the colors you choose are so important! Picture your guests walking into your tent and being immediately engulfed in a color. Here is a list of colors and what they mean:
- Red: symbolizes fiery passion and energy. It is a color that will amplify your guests and get them moving.
- Orange: this color is fresh and innovative. It is reflective of youthful energy.
- Yellow: bright, cheery, light. Yellow is a fun and playful color. It will have your guests bursting at the seams with happiness.
- Green: natural vitality and freshness. Use green when you are looking for a fresh or renewed approach to a party. Keeps it earthy and vibrant. (A plus to this color is you already have the outdoors as your backdrop to the party – so the green will blend in)
- Blue: calming and peaceful is the mood that hues of blue will give you. If tranquility is what you are looking for, then blue is your color.
- Purple: this color brings on royalty and majestic vibes. Purple can even add some mystery to your evening.
- Black: this darkest of colors is a sign of elegance and luxury. It is, after all, why they refer to formal gatherings as a “black-tie affair.”
- White: clean, crisp white signals purity and cleanliness. It is the best color to use when wanting to give the look of innocence or crispness.
The important thing is to match the color to the dynamic you have in mind for your event. In other words, if you are wanting a calm, tranquil gathering – don’t use red as your primary decorating color.
Now, the question is – how do you decorate an event tent rental with your chosen color? Fabric, of course! It is a common way of decorating, but the variations are so great that you can find something that is unique to your event. Long layers of colored fabric can be streamed across the tent (covering the whole ceiling), or it can be used along the walls. Do some research online and discover what design works best for your vision.
Bonus tip: Why not ask your guests to contribute to the color? On the invite, request that they only where the specific colors you have selected. Talk about seeing a wash out of your party’s color effect throughout the entire venue!
Light up the room
You are going to need to do something nifty with lights if you want to make an impression on your guests – especially if you are holding an evening event. Here are a few ideas:
- String lights draped throughout the venue, giving a bistro look to the event.
- Candles offer a soft, romantic glow.
- Adding tiki torches can make you feel like you are at the beach.
- A chandelier in the middle of the tent can be eye-catching, breathtaking, and serve the purpose of a general lighting tool.
- Lanterns can be used if you are looking for a rustic, medieval, or lighthouse/beach feel for your event.
You may also choose lighting to be used as a means of decorating. For instance, wash lighting can draw focus to an area or subject. In addition, you can also use colored lights on a white background for a great effect.
Make sure you don’t neglect lighting if your party or event is set for the daytime – you never know if yours guests will want to keep partying into the night!
Decorations that stand out
Sometimes it is not all about the decorations. Sure, the little decorations from your local party store or your centerpieces that you handmade are wonderful. But, having one big decoration that stands out can speak volumes at your event. Think museum exhibit. Ok, maybe not that big, but you get the idea!
Here is an example: If you are having a luau, you will want to have your tiki torches and limbo station. But – how about a huge totem pole that has upwash lighting, making it stand out as guests enter your tent. Forget about it being a focal point. Your totem pole will be THE focal point!
It is nice to hear guests go oooh and ahhh over your decorated space. Make something that stands out and will get that job done!
Event tent rentals are the prime space to decorate because your options are unlimited. Keep your tent decorations uniform and tasteful and you are sure to have a winning event!