Spring time is fast approaching. That means it is time for the winter weather to find its way out of town and for the warmer festivities to commence! This time of year is almost symbolic of renewal, as the outdoors seem to breathe out a new sense of life. It is colorful and embracing. If you find yourself stuck in the house doing your “spring cleaning,” why not gather all your friends, family, and an event structure to join nature and welcome Spring? Think about it — a party sounds like more fun!
An event structure makes the perfect space
Unfortunately, as much as you are ready to enjoy the warmer air outdoors, “April showers bring May flowers”which can make outside activities a bit wet. Don’t let that stop you from celebrating! It is easy to keep things moving with a event structure.
Event structures can offer you the best space to hold your spring time celebration. Depending on the size of your space at the park or even your backyard, these tents can be customized to meet your exact specifications. In fact, you can specify the size, the layout, the flooring, sidewalls, etc.
Climate control for these buildings is also an option. They are a surefire way to have all your guests over to enjoy the fresh air, while also being safe from any lingering not-so-friendly weather elements.
Spring time party ideas
Having a Spring time party isn’t necessarily the most common thing to do so you may need a few ideas to get you started. Here are a few themes and ideas to get your guests out of the house and into your backyard:
- The idea is to be outside after spending a winter cooped up inside. Make sure to plan your party for the daytime so everyone can enjoy the outdoors and, of course, the sunshine.
- Make it a brunch! It’s the start of a new day – the morning is crisp and bright, and brunch doesn’t mean your guests must get up too
- Since Spring is all about flowers, why not have a garden party? You can still use your tent or event structure and no, you don’t need to have an actual garden. Instead, create your space to meet your party. It’s all about effect.
- Have a floral arrangement party. Hire an expert to come and give a tutorial to you and your guests on how to create a beautiful floral arrangement. This is a time to come together to socialize, learn a new skill, and get something special to take home.
- Go tropical and have a luau. You can even request that your guests come dressed in theme! Fire up the grill and get your limbo stick ready. Oh, and don’t forget the grass skirts!
There are many things that you can do to ring in Spring. It doesn’t have to be formal or extravagant – it just has to be fun and relaxing! So, keep your eye on that when planning.
Decorating your space
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Spring? Flowers, of course! After all, isn’t that what Spring is all about? All the flowers and trees and plants come back to life, showing off their bright colored hues of reds, pinks, purples, yellows, oranges, etc. Why not choose to decorate based on this refreshing burst?
Use bright dishes, silverware, and table cloths. Line your perimeter with bright flowers, such as the Tulip, Daffodil, Pansy, Hyacinth, Sweet Pea, Lilac, Peony, or Amaryllis. You may even want to hang some of these plants from the ceiling — to lift the color up against the white ceiling.
Make sure you create centerpieces, as well, for your tables. Depending on your theme, combining flowers with simple craft projects can leave your guests in awe. For example, adding food coloring to a clear vase and inserting a couple white Daffodils. Mix up the food coloring to keep the area colorful! Simple and fun.
Planning the menu
You have got to make some good food. You have invited your guests to take part in your Spring fling, they are going to want some goodies, too. Here are a few ideas to get you going in the kitchen:
- Grill out! Make it an informal dining experience by firing up the grill and cooking the food while your guests are arriving. Let’s face it – the smell of food on the grill gets everyone in the outdoor party mode. Have sides prepared in advance and keep them simple – salads, chips, fruit, etc. Choosing to go this route gives you more time to focus on your guests.
- Combine breakfast and lunch and have brunch! Serve both breakfast foods and small lunch items. You can even get nifty and create an omelet station.
- Keep the food light as it is day time get together, not a heavy seven-course sit-down dinner.
- Allow your guests the chance to serve themselves buffet-style can also create a more informal setting.
- Offer a set selection of beverages to choose from, such as water, coffee, tea, lemonade, or juice. You can also create a light, signature, bright-colored adult beverage of the day.
Now that you have everyone together, what will you do? First, mingle. Spend time with the people you may not have seen for a while due to the cold, the holidays, etc. and chow down on some good food. If the rain holds off, you can always play some fun yard games. For example – cornhole, horseshoes, croquet, football, baseball, or even volleyball or Badminton! If games aren’t your thing, then put on some music and dance.
The whole idea is to come together and enjoy the freshness and the clean, crisp air. Breathe in the aromas and the colors of spring while surrounded by the people who make your life happy. Having a Spring get together should be fun, not tedious. If you include elements of the season and combine them with your outdoor setting and an event structure, your guests are in for a real treat.